Thursday, February 16, 2017

Project: Undiscovered


Challenge:

For the entire month of March, I will post an original poem each day.  

Goal:

My goal is to self-publish these 31 poems into a book of poetry by April, 2017.

How YOU can help!

In order for this to work, I will need as much constructive feedback as possible!  Throughout the month, I will be busy revising, editing, and rewriting each and every poem I post on this blog.  The more feedback I get, the better the poems.  This is where you come in!  Check this blog each day to see an original poem that I post.  In the comments section, please leave constructive and concrete feedback that I can use to revise and edit and improve that poem.  For example, you could comment on my use of diction, tone, and voice; how I break my lines, the imagery I use, or my choice in free verse or structured meter.  Help me workshop these poems!

What's in it for me?

I am looking to the collective wisdom of the literary Internet in order to help me self-publish my poetry.  By helping me, you will be a part of a crowd-sourcing movement to edit and revise poetry. A project like this has never been attempted before and I truly believe that by working together, we can put forth a fantastic book of poetry for everyone to enjoy.

If you decide to participate, by leaving concrete and constructive feedback on each poem, I will thank you in two ways: 
  1. I will include your name in the Acknowledgments section of the book.
  2. I will give you a free copy of the book!
Mark your calendars for Wednesday, March 1 at Project: Undiscovered Launch Day.  I am excited to begin this project with all of your help.  I have many poems to share and lots of revisions to make, so let’s begin!

No comments: