Monday, October 26, 2015

Begin again

After years of dryness; blank pages; being too busy; waiting for inspiration to come, I have decided to begin anew.  In the past, this blog has been a place where I can collect my poetry, sending it out into the digital world, maybe getting a few comments here and there.  I’m sure that many of you have since left in search of other writers, poets, essayist, who post regularly.  I always told myself that I would return, one day, when I had more time.  When I finished my degree.  When things slowed down at work.  When the kids got older.  The truth is, that I can’t wait any longer.  I must begin writing again.  Please bear with me, as this is going to be very, very rough.  There will probably not be any waxing poetic, until I can knock the rust off of my writing brain, slowly using those muscles again.  I’ve heard of muscle memory for physical exercise.  I wonder if it exists for poetic exercises?  In any event, I will begin posting regularly again.  For a while, I won’t allow any comments, because I won’t need any.  I will just be airing out my mind, trying to moisten the dryness of my brain.


I’ve attempted to revitalize this blog, but more importantly, I am trying to revitalize myself.  We shall see how it goes.  I think journaling in prose will help get the juices flowing.  The truth is, I got tired of waiting.  I’m getting older, and I am getting more anxious.   Call it some sort of middle-age turning-point, but I really want something to happen.  I have decided that I can’t wait any longer.  I need to make it happen.  What exactly?  I’m not sure, but I’m willing to begin this journey again, a bit older, perhaps wiser, perhaps not.  Either way, I’m starting.  One word at a time.  Let’s go.