Tuesday, October 03, 2017

I may be untitled

I really would love to tell you that I can never
find the words to say:
I'm a poet/writer/coach/father/husband
I don't know why I drink whiskey
at night except to understand
and seek for understanding.
I love this album!
Sipping whiskey, I feel connected to
Yeats
Whitman
Heaney
and others....

All the other writers.

I'm drunk; or may be, but my pen is still moving.
This is the space I need and want
to transport me to a deeper, higher
level of everything.

I may be untitled, but I'm still writing.
I will see you on the other side.

1 comment:

aneibauer said...

This is a quick poem that I wrote last night. I am not sure if I want to take it in a different direction, but I felt anxious about getting these words out into the blogosphere. Music and whiskey often have that effect on me.