I cannot believe that it has been five months since I first started this poetry blog! It is amazing how fast time goes, no matter if you are documenting it through poetry or not.
When I first began this blog project, my goal was to transfer all of my journal poetry from the last few years onto a Internet medium. My most recent post, "On Death", marks the last poem from my personal journal. This is in no ways a sad occasion resulting in no more posts. On the contrary.
I have been suffering from a serious case of writer's block for the past few months. I decided to translate my journal poetry onto this weblog in an attempt to stir up some more poetry. I am a firm believer that poetry (actually, writing in general) is something that exists regardless if we capture it or not, and only betters through practice. I am excited to announce that with the publishing of my last journal poem, I have a renewed sense of everything, which I am desperately trying to write down.
So, look forward to some new poems via stan laurel. I apologize in advance for some of my poems, as they will probably be very "rough." Your feedback and constructive criticism is always welcome and helpful.
- ► 2017 (77)
- ► 2006 (17)
- I beseech you, give this lover no discontent. My l...
- The moon, like the sun and planets, seem awake.
- Tonight, heaven is beyond personal hopes. We look...
- the words caress
- Thursday afternoon or before a nap
- awaiting war
- She'd found the baby missed by all. Her surprise s...
- the room
- China changes patiently beyond Heaven. The Han, l...
- Shall I rebuild my dreams? having gone to tiny gr...
- The approaching horizon adorns the textured beach....
- Life is beginning. People are pure, sweating holy ...
- On a particular cloud, each tingling desire float...
- Crazy Aunt Liz
- Reluctantly, the soundless, dew-wet cold gives imp...
- Theoritical Dream
- employment limbo
- Dear all, I cannot believe that it has been five ...
- ▼ July (24)