Sunday, June 19, 2005

synopsis

I write of wishes on stars,
words floating upwards,
of birds pooping on my head, French sayings, goosebumps and
needs.
I sing of love, smiles, touch, beauty, sunsets and serenity.
I sing of the softness of every summer night,
and the spirit of our love;
of breezes in the afternoon, night breezes,
love, lust, sex and passion.
How the stillness of the night
affects my sleep.

I cry out Rediscovery! from my
surreal dreams, insanity, fear.
Of proposals not yet asked and
mindful colors, words spoken,
smells of childhood, regret, and the rising sun.
I put forth these onto paper.

Of sadness:
mom, death, cancer, disease, hate.
I lay down these tears so that you may comfort me,
Embracing the sun,
I celebrate birthdays, anniversaries,
poems, wants, desires, tingling snowflakes.
I focus on withdrawn questions, quiet,
time, darkness, stars, Dad
and a lackthereof fatherhood.
I travel through deep forests,
winter, Kindergarten, sorrow, depression,
mystery, memories;
my mind meanders through life.

I write of questions, vows, grass, warmth;
I imagine ebony skin, dew and crescent moons.
I sing of jazz, dancin', my itching body.
I remember blackness, tears, Laurel,
vanity, graffiti, flowers.
Of my muse, white skin, soft, delicate hands,
I flame with desire, heartbreak and awkwardness.

Running toward the blackened horizon,
I think of nostalgia, butterflies, music.
I fear explosions, tempests, insomnia, China.
I feel hot, dry winds
appreciating my face.
I laugh of crazy Aunts, human nature.
I regret weeping over ashes.

Of all these things,
I experience in the dimly lit
still of morning.

5 comments:

Free Spirit said...

I like this work of yours a lot. Esp how you end it with "Of all these things, I experience in the dimly lit
still of morning." It is so apt.

transience said...

this is different from all the others i've read. like you were speaking in another voice, another style. i like it.

gulnaz said...

there is so much here, so much!
its almost like an album, makes met think it should have a video in sepia tones. liked it very much. thanks.

_Soulless_ said...

I lay down these tears so that you may comfort me,

I regret weeping over ashes.


Sniff. Those lines made me stop and reread. Sigh.

^_^

. : A : . said...

"Of all these things,
I experience in the dimly lit
still of morning."

This made me go back and read it over again and makes me want to read it again.