Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Let me ask you:
have you ever been
in love?
I mean, really in love?

Do you know what it is like
to wake up smiling,
to sleep smiling,
to need someone as much as
I do?

Have you ever gone outside
and smelled the sweetness of the air?
Have you ever tasted kisses
so sweet
that you become addicted?
Has a hug ever given you
goosebumps?

I have.
I have loved.
I have needed someone
and been needed.
I have spoken her beautiful name,
and smiled
because I love her.
I have looked into her eyes
and seen my children
smiling back at me.

I love her with my whole heart,
mind, body, and soul.
She is here with me.
She loves me.

4 comments:

mermaid said...

I hope she is smiling like I am. Some of my favorite lines were:

"Have you ever tasted kisses
so sweet
that you become addicted?

and

I have looked into her eyes
and seen my children
smiling back at me."

Pincushion said...

Oh wow! Isn't she l.u.c.k.y!
Theres lovely love in the air and I can't help smiling :)
Cheers!

keed said...

i love her too

Anonymous Poet said...

I am glad that you have loved that way. Hopefully, someday we all will.

Blog Archive