Friday, March 18, 2005

The teabag bleeds into
the hot water,
slowly oozing its nectar,
like a deep, red wound,
red river (split in two),
darkening--becoming pungent.
Hot blood in my coffee cup,
just below boiling point.
Who has wounded you?
Are the ripe, red strawberries
in my cereal your brethren?

Bobbing up and down,
the blood continues
without cries of pain
or shock.
I feel sadistic,
watching my tea bleed,
waiting to drink from its cup
as though ritualistically sacrificing
an animal and waiting for its
blood to collect in some holy, tin cup.

3 comments:

. : A : . said...

Nice imagery. I particularly liked the beginning,

"The teabag bleeds into
the hot water,
slowly oozing its nectar,"

mermaid said...

I wonder what you were thinking at the time of writing this. Were you angry? Hurt? Powerful emotions are boiling in this one. I see a volcano, waiting to erupt.

S.L. Corsua said...

ooh, a touch of morbidity. i will spare this comment of my verbosity, and just gasp: "i like!"

^_^

Blog Archive