Saturday, April 09, 2005

Her hair tickles my face
before I close my eyes.


My arm fits the groove
of her body
before I sleep.
Her smell fills me
as our breathing becomes regular.
I press her body to mine
as I begin to dream.
We lie in each other's arms,
in the position we have memorized,
because it feels right.
We feel love.
I close my eyes and see
our past, present, and future.
They are interwoven together
with our love.
Pieces in my mind, my heart, and my soul.

I hold my girlfriend,
my fiancee, my wife.
I feel my lover, my best friend,
and a part of myself.
I feel myself connect with her.
I don't want to let go.
We sleep now,
the way we will when we are gray,
We love now,
the way we will in forever and a day.
If time should stop,
let it be now,
as we bask in our love, our shield
from the world.

Her hair tickles my face,
and we sleep.

No comments: